[78-L] Angel Records

Ken Matheson kenmath at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 10:11:13 PDT 2010

Please excuse the late post, I’ve been on vacation.
I have several 78s silver on red label Angel records
that have “copyright 1946 by Angel recording co..
L.A.” printed on the label. I also have one silver on
blue label with “Angel recording co. Los Angeles
California” on the label. This is in very tiny print
around the edge of the label. The blue label record
also has the word “FLEXABLE” in big letters on the
label. However it is not flexible, it is the same density
and thickness as other 78 lacquers. There may be
some connection with Tokyo records of Los Angles,
which I have not been able to find any information
about.