[78-L] Angel records in Canada

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 29 06:58:15 PDT 2010

At 04:09 29/08/2010, DL wrote:
>Reminding us that it wasn't only The Beatles that Capitol's engineers dumbed
>down.

Maybe its just me, but it seems that Capitol/ EMI has the worst
history when it comes to screwing up stuff. Perhaps I'm making my
assumption based on stuff they put out after the 1960s, but I note
that of the majors only Capitol has a section in their wikipedia
article nailing them on this (see Record altering in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_Records ).

Granted a lot of people did fake stereo, but it seems that Capitol
did it more often along with rubbish like duophonic, re-arranginging
tracks on lps, as well as in general crap mastering. Of all the EMI
companies, only Toshiba-EMI seemed to really give a hoot about quality.