[78-L] Huh?

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 28 21:35:08 PDT 2010

--- On Sat, 8/28/10, David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I can't figure the Philips connection..Philips was rarely
> seen in Canada in the
> 50s except as an import label. I'm assuming that Steve
> means IN ENGLAND for the issue of US Columbia recordings..

My dad had about 5 feet of LPs which I inherited, and the only
Philips album was The Singing Nun.  He also had a Philips 45
of the phony children's choir singing some song that was a
hit in the late 50s (actually a Ross Bagdasarian treatment of
an adult choir).  That was about it from what I can tell here
in the US.