[78-L] I think I hear Rollini here. Does anyone else?

Ate van Delden ate.vandelden at worldonline.nl
Sat Aug 28 12:17:57 PDT 2010

I have a copy of Hicks' BB 10922 and I think it's Rollini on vibes. The
backside has no vibes, no Rollini.
I found a recording of Russian rag on Youtube. It played Regal G24279 but it
has no vibes, so no Rollini. Steve, should we hear Scotch Twist for Rollini?

Mainly with the help of Tyrone Settlemeyer great label listings I noted the
following Hicks Bluebirds
10715 Hindustan - Limehouse Blues
10757 Russian Rag - Scotch Twist
10781 Four Leaf Clover - Joyous Companion
10922 That´s A Plenty - Allah´s Holiday
10977 Harvest Time - American Polka
Now 10757 and 10922 seem to have Rollini on board. Are there others? Does
anybody know matrix numbers and/or recording dates?

Russian Rag is also on Regal G24279 (what is the backside?), Limehouse B and
Hindustan are also on a Spanish language issue RCAVic 63_0354

Elsewhere on the web I noticed some more Polkas by Hicks on RCAVic. I don't
expect Rollini there.............