[78-L] Vogue picture record R784

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Sat Aug 28 08:59:18 PDT 2010

Just checked the highest priced 78s on ebay during the last 2 weeks,
and found Vogue R-784 by Art Kassel for $4208 ( ebay # 190428378284).

http://cgi.ebay.com/78RPM-VOGUE-R784-ART-KASSEL-QUEEN-4-DAY-END-PERFECT-D-/190428378284?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2c566a74ac

Seller seemed to be unaware of its rarity (as was I) when he started the auction.
I have found images of about all Vogue picture records on ebay,
but this one appeared to be lacking (though I had found images of the artwork).
But it is listed in Curry's book about the label (since I have an image of this page) .
On the Vogue Collectors website
http://www.voguepicturerecords.org/records.html
it is indicated as possibly the rarest issued Vogue (no ill. in the Italian book about the label)

Does someone have more info on this issue (rarity)?

Han Enderman