[78-L] November 9, 1921

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Mon Aug 23 01:31:39 PDT 2010

At 03:37 AM 8/23/2010, Mike wrote:
>   My reply was based on your use of the idea that the lack of a tape
>recorder was the problem.  I should have also included that wire
>recorders were already in use.

I wasn't just referring to tape records.  And yes, I should have been
clearer, for which I apologize.  (I often hesitate to post anything
because what I mean doesn't seem to come out the way I want it to,
and I end up feeling really stupid.)  My point was based on
newspapers and letters from listeners during the early 1920s that
lamented the ability to easily record what they heard on the air.  In
1922, some people were trying to use dictaphones to record programs,
but this was not a simple task and did not give good quality, based
on what was written about it.  All I meant was that such tactics for
recording a program were not in general use. If I am still in error,
please let me know.