[78-L] Oldest Happy Birthday Recording

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sat Aug 21 10:25:03 PDT 2010

The "Happy Birthday to You" lyrics did not appear in print until the 1920s and were not "officially" fixed to the melody until 1935. The melody's original words were "Good morning to all." I know of no acoustic recording of "Happy Birthday to You" and would wager that you won't find one...

Cary Ginell