[78-L] Subject: Re: MAJOR RECORDS

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Aug 17 17:14:23 PDT 2010

  On 8/17/2010 7:51 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> I was just collating my Gennett Sound Effects discs and noticed that one has a
> paste-on athe bottom of each label..THOMAS J. VALENTINO Electrical
> Transcriptions, 729 7th Avenue, New York, N.Y.
>
> dl
  This is one of the addresses listed in the 1937 Broadcasting magazine
Yearbook for Gennett.  Tom J. Valentino is listed as the manager, while
Harry Genett is the manager of the LA address 1344 So Flower St.  Lee A
Butt is the manager in Richmond, Ind.  (Pause for laughs and snide
remarks.)   Masque and Standard are also on the list although they do
not mention sound effects specifically for Standard.  Major and Speedy Q
are not listed.

In my 1951 Turnbull book he shows a NYC address for Gennet as 67 W 44th,
as well as the two Starr Piano Richmond Ind and 1344 So Flower St LA
addresses it shares with Speedy-Q.  But what is strange that I didn't
notice yesterday that the NYC address for Speedy-Q is Charles Mickelson
(sic.)!   25 W 47th.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com