[78-L] Records of old phone conversations

Rockined1 rockined1 at aol.com
Tue Aug 17 12:47:40 PDT 2010

 There is one recording of a phone conversation between Buddy Holly and Paul Cohen of Decca records. He is  asking to be able to rerecord some unissued songs [ That'll Be The Day was one of them]. he was told he could not. Buddy then basically berated Decca for not pushing his music [of course we all know what happened six months later--and that is why his Brunswick records are credited to just the Crickets.

  There was something riveting about hearing the long-ago voices of ordinary
eople talking about ordinary things...not like on a radio broadcast or a
n a movie,  but in "real life."