[78-L] Who's still listening to vinyl? - CNN.com

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Aug 13 20:19:15 PDT 2010

From: "Robert M. Bratcher Jr." <bratcher at pdq.net>
> At 08:39 PM 8/11/2010, you wrote:
>>http://www.cnn.com/2010/IREPORT/08/11/vinyl.irpt/index.html?hpt=C1
> I still do at 51 years of age. In fact I've got a classical vinyl LP
> playing right now on the turntable as I'm typing this. About half of
> my huge accumulation of records is on vinyl.....

Well. at 67.9 years of age, I collect (and will soon be able to PLAY!) only
78rpm phonorecords! Until 1997, I owned about 400 LP's...including
some which were autographed to me...?! A group of EX-friends (arseholes!)
took it upon themselves to empty my house after I suffered a serious
head injury in an icy-sidewalk fall...?!

These arseho...er, EX-friends, sold off the majority of my property...on
the apparent assumption that my diagnosis of "Concussion with
brain damage" meant I no longer needed ANYTHING I owned...?!
Worse yet, they had NO <deleted> idea where/how to sell my
stuff; they sold my 400 or so LP's AND the industrial steel shelves
on which they were kept for around $110!!

There are a lot of LP's I'd like to re-acquire (mainly blues!)...but my
pension income doesn't permit such luxuries...?!

Right now, I own 20-30 LP's...and a player which I THINK still works?!
I haven't yet decided whether to buy one of the net-merchandised
"ALL record players"...or to have someone do a simple soldering
job and feed the 1v output of a ceramic-cartridge player into a
mini-phone-plug which will then be plugged into the "Line In" of
my current computer...?!

LP's I neither want nor need...I'm striving to acquire EVERY 78rpm
record ever sold (or the data thereon?!)

Steven C. Barr