[78-L] Ellington (was: Gnt(C) 4648...?)

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 11:43:14 PDT 2010

Valburn's collection is at the Library of Congress.

Apparently he did not have such a stellar reputation as a collector. I've
been reading posts on another website that have used some harsh words about
him (I am deliberately not going into details). He had some great reissues,
and his work on the Duke Ellington Treasury Broadcast series was wonderful.
I was a subscriber when they were on LP.

Mike, what were your dealings like with him?

Jeff Sultanof