[78-L] Gnt(C) 4648...?

David Palmquist davidpalmquist at dccnet.com
Tue Aug 10 23:03:46 PDT 2010

My goal is more modest.  I just want to do this with images of the
labels of Ellington 78 recordings... and display them on my webpage.

So far I have a good selection of American labels, but by no means
all.  I have some British, French, German, Argentinian, Austrian,
Australian, Spanish, Dutch and possibly a Swedish label too.  But
again, far far far from complete.

My collaborator and main source is a bit more ambitious - he wants
45s, sheet music covers and record sleeves for EPs and LPs,
too.  It's a lot of work and I can't keep up with what he sends
me.  My pages take a long time to open, but I may be able to change
that by using a program that allows me to slice GIF files so they're
smaller; and if I learn to program rollovers, I can probably use
thumbnails that expand to full size images.

So much to do, so little time.  But I'll have more time when I retire
next year.

David (in Delta)

Check out http://ellingtonweb.ca