[78-L] Smallest Transcription Disc?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 6 21:08:23 PDT 2010

Ahh..survey weeks. Plural. We had to do it twice a year for both CAPAC (= ASCAP in Canada) and BMI which later became ProCan. We'd usually have some intern or apprentice or gopher available to sit in the studio and do the sheets while the deejay was doing his shift, or gather the info later..which of course always meant DON'T FILE THE ALBUMS THIS WEEK TILL THE SURVEY SHEETS ARE DONE which meant you didn't have much variety of music by the end of the week, whether you picked your own or it was programmed for you by the librarian. These surveys also never occurred anywhere near Christmas, for obvious reasons. And if a friend of yours had one song that had turned up on Anne Murray's second album, golly what a coincidence, it got played a couple of times that week!

dl