[78-L] Standard Radio Transcription 1028/1029

Elizabeth McLeod lizmcl at midcoast.com
Thu Aug 5 09:56:26 PDT 2010

on 8/5/10 12:37 PM 78records at cdbpdx.com wrote:

>Thanks for this great info!  So this transcription is a product of the
>1930s Depression / prohibition era?  I thought the reference to Swing
>Shifters might have put it in WWII era.  Still haven't found much about
>Carol Gilbert.

Well, Jack Frost sugar was still manufactured as late as the sixties, I
believe, so wouldn't necessarily date this particular disc to the early
thirties. That was only the period in which they were active in
sponsoring network programs -- they may well have done syndicated radio
for the local or regional markets long after that.

Elizabeth