[78-L] More on Mitch Miller

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Aug 4 00:40:20 PDT 2010

  On 8/3/2010 9:25 PM, simmonssomer wrote:
> Mike, I must disagree on your description of WBAI as being a "commie talk"
> station. Left wing, yes....anti establishment, yes.... but never pro Soviet.
> I remember it well. Very "liberal" hosts.....  a Pete Seeger type of
> politics. Skirting the edge..... but  again, never pro Soviet.
>
> Al S.

I never said anything about it being pro-Soviet.  That was the last
thing on my mind.  Your descriptions are apt and how I would describe
what I had described it as.  Communism is not synonymous with the Soviet
Union.  Just as you can be Jewish without being pro-Zionist, you could
be Communist without being pro Soviet.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com