[78-L] Turntable vibration isolation

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Tue Aug 3 05:57:21 PDT 2010

I think the material you are looking for is Sorbothane.  You can make feet
from it and rest the turntable on them.  ISTR units with the sorbothane on
each end of springs that actually supported the TT.     An alternative, as
someone mentioned is a slab of concrete or marble.  I'll bet one can find a
marble cheese board or dough rolling board.   The trick is to cut tennis
balls in half and use the halves as "feet", under the corners of the
marble/concrete pad, on which you would place the turntable.   The design is
one I've read about for minimizing vibrations getting to scientific balances
and microscopes.

Ron L