[78-L] Pack em up and move em out

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Aug 1 21:04:30 PDT 2010

From: "Bill McClung" <bmcclung78 at gmail.com>
> Haven't checked emails in a couple of days so I'm late getting to this.
> If you are in a city that has a Container Store you can buy good milk
> crates
> there.  They run about $10 per but they are good quality (not as good as
> the
> older milk crates) but still much better than the flimsy crates you
> usually
> find for sale.
> For Christmas my wife gave me 40 milk crates (Container Store had a half
> price sale).  I married a good woman.
> And I have been known to throw the occasional milk crate into my car when
> find one sitting unattended outside a convience store.

I have strict personal rules regarding milk boxes! I DON'T take them from
milk retailers; however, if one/some show up in other locations, and I
find them, they are going home with me! I still need a bunch of 12'/12'
square pieces of plywood, to reinforce my "modern" milk boxes whose
bottoms are dropping out...!

My pension income ($21K/year) doesn't allow for buying these
"artificial" milk boxes; I need the dommed money to buy more 78's!
AFAIK (I have never actually checked this...?!) I own just short of
60,000 78's; I've never actually verified this, but the "Abrams
Files" seem to suggest there were around 300,000 78's issued
before the 1942 AFM ban. Of course, many of these were duplicate
issues on related labels?

What we need is a reliable set of files covering EVERY 78rpm
phonorecord issued...?! I am currently working on this, by adding
my record-verified changes/additions/usw. to my own copies
of the "Abrams Files!"

Steven C. Barr