[78-L] 1937 Victor 10 1/2" Sample Pressings - Snow White

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Aug 1 19:45:38 PDT 2010

From: <78records at cdbpdx.com>
> Greetings!  Here are 3 RCA Victor Sample Records with pressings of the
> soundtrack from Snow White circa late 1937.  They are from the same
> collection as the 1937 Fats Waller Sample Records, with the same 10 1/2"
> oversized trimming showing the lettering around the edge outside the
> lead-in groove.  The backs are blank.
>
> Could these have been sent to radio stations to promote the movie??

I would doubt it; (RCA) Victor had specific numeric series which they
used for such "promotional" 78's...! Further, the fact that these are/
were 10.5" records, which include(d) the "run-in" areas with their
pressed data, suggests to me they were special "direct from the
matrices" discs...NOT intended for any kind of wider distribution?!

As well, the blank reverses (I think these are being discussed
further down this thread?!) also suggest these were one-off
internal-use items?!

Steven C. Barr