[78-L] 78 Album Sets outside the US & Canada

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 31 07:50:10 PDT 2010

Maybe I was asleep that day in 78 collectors school, but I am curious
about album sets of 78s outside the USA and Canada. As I was looking
over eBay, I saw some sets on London (yeah -- that again), which I'm
guessing would have come fgrom UK Decca masters. Stuff like Gilbert &
Sullivan selections performed by Richard Crean and his Orchestra,
Christmas Chimes with Charles Smart on the organ, etc. While I see US
sets all the time, I don't recall ever seeing sets from England or
elsewhere. Was a it an economy thing that just made it better to sell
single disks post-war Europe? Any ideas