[78-L] Latest Discography Update

samhopper at mail.com samhopper at mail.com
Thu Jul 29 21:45:00 PDT 2010

Don't want to bore the group with stuff I may have published before -
but some folks may be interested to know that I have updated my Columbia Masterworks 78 rpm Albums discography (approx. 400 pages and counting).
It may be of interest and help to some collectors out there - so beg me a moment to plug the project...

It's a draft - so please - no harsh words - but I very much appreciate corrections, deletions, alterations or inclusions or helpful suggestions.
I have placed it on the Internet for all to view at:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/30624296/Columbia-Masterworks-78rpm-Discography-v1-9
The actual discographical entries begin on page 13 of the document...

Includes approx 1600 78rpm sets for classical M, X, OP and S as well as the Canadian D and J series
This draft also includes matrix numbers/takes (if known) and recording date details for around 700-800 sets - expanded greatly since my last update.
Still a few sets "missing" to find...
Many thanks to Michel Ruppli (matrix help) and Richard Warren (Yale Uni) for help with the strange and elusive "Modern Musical Masterpieces" series

Matrix numbers can be viewed at:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/35081938/Columbia-Masterworks-78rpm-Album-Sets-Matrix-Numbers-Version-2
Album Set/ Record Numbers Summary can be viewed at:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/35081844/Columbia-Masterworks-78rpm-Album-Sets-Summary-of-Sets-Version-2-August-2010

You can view all details on the project at my project page:
http://www.78rpmcommunity.com/group/2

SAM