[78-L] Milk Crates as shelving. Was: Reprise: London Records

Mike Harkin xxm.harkin at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 22:55:13 PDT 2010

Are wooden cantaloupe crates still available from any source?

When I started collecting in about 1960 in Los Angeles, you could have them for free out of supermarket dumpsters.  Eventually they woke up and
started charging for them, first a quarter, later up to a dollar, till ultimately they disappeared, to be replaced by cardboard.  Thereafter, you could buy 'kits' from Sound Wherehouse for $3-4, IIRC.  How now?  Are they still to be had?

Mike in Plovdiv