[78-L] London (pay attention, Steve!)

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 02:52:06 PDT 2010

Michael Biel wrote:
> Cary Ginell wrote:
>> Jeez, Steve, don't you ever read anyone else's posts on a subject? It would save you a lot of time and superfluous question marks followed by exclamation points if you did. Biel just chided you for not paying attention to my post
> Steve reads things in the order they come in, even if they are from the
> day before.  You can occasionally see him working his way down the
> thread, answering each posting one at a time.  He answered two postings
> on this so far, and maybe will do one or two more before he hits mine,
> and then yours, and then this answer.  Most of the rest of us know that
> if you have come in late in a discussion that you need to look at all of
> the postings before replying to an earlier one.  I usually read lists
> backwards from the most recent posting to avoid re-answering something,
> but sometimes two of us are working on the same answer at the same
> time!  That is different from what happened here. But often if I have
> taken a long time to do an answer I do a get-mail before sending it out
> in case someone beat me to it.  I just did it and saw TWO MORE postings
> from him answering things that have already been answered.  It should be
> soon when he hits ours!
>
> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com
Unfortunately, it's a bit more complicated. For instance if I start a
discussion titled "Ken Griffin", some of the replies will come to me as
"Re Ken Griffin". So I have to look in two places for all the relevant
messages. Just come back from holiday, which always presents a problem.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5313 (20100726) __________

http://www.eset.com