[78-L] And to round out the trio from eBay....

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jul 25 23:15:58 PDT 2010

> From: stevenc at interlinks.net> From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
>
>> Not only that...but the ubiquitous "auto-snipe" programs have turned
>> e-Wotsit and its "friends" from a functional "auction" into a "my program works in
>> fewer milliseconds than YOURS!" competition...?!  SCROOM!!! SCB

This is rubbish.  Speed has NOTHING to do with it, only PRICE wins.
WHAT you bid is more important than WHEN you bid.  Sniping is done only
to avoid a back and forth and back and forth upping of bids.  When we
use the auto programs there is no second bid.  You have put in your one
and only bid, and if it is higher, you win, if someone else is higher --
whether it be a snipe or an early bid -- they win.

David Lennick wrote:

> Snipe or be sniped. Eat or be eaten. Actually I found eSnipe to be a very fair way of bidding 99% of the time, and if I lost an item to someone with a bigger sniper than mine, so what? I sniped and was snope. It balanced out.
>
> dl

You know how it works.  Steve still hasn't figured it out.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com