[78-L] anybody recognize this record

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sun Jul 25 11:52:33 PDT 2010

I've received a query from someone asking about a record they remember hearing.
He described it thus:

"It is a humorous recording of a Bugler riding into battle blowing the "Charge"
call.  As he rides he is being pounded by the enemy.  He continues to blow the
"charge" but as the recording continues it becomes weaker and more disjointed
until he can only blow one or two notes at a time.  It is a study on "never give
up."  Several minutes long."

Doesn't ring a bell with me but I'll bet somebody here can identify it.

Thanks!  CDB

It's not a humorous record but the closest I can come is Bennett's "Armed Forces
Suite".  In one section a military band is playing until they are all wiped out,
at which point a "heavenly" orchestra takes over.  It has been years since I
heard it but that is how I remember it.

db