[78-L] London [was Near You by Francis Craig]

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 24 07:53:12 PDT 2010

And I have Tessie's "Music Music Music" on English and Canadian pressings..both have the same level drop, by the way. And I have the ever-popular Third Man Theme on a US vinyl DJ pressing, which is quiet but not as good as the English issue since it's a dub (and that was dubbed from a 79th generation film soundtrack which was probably recorded on a lacquer in the first place).

In Canada we got imports, some local pressings by Sparton which were then taken over by Compo around 1951, split between Compo and RCA by 1955 (both continued to press the singles and Lps into the sixties).

dl