[78-L] Near You by Francis Craig

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Jul 23 18:03:12 PDT 2010

From: "Royal Pemberton" <ampex354 at gmail.com>
> They'd say London, then underneath, 'AMERICAN RECORDINGS'.  They'd be
> recordings of US origin from a number of labels such as Atlantic.

Which seems rather odd, since Atlantic was one of the last US labels
to press and issue 78's (into cat# 1000 or thereafter!) The Canadian
London issues were in (IIRC) a M- cat# series...which like the Apex
series issued material from US "indie" labels which didn't create
Canadian "branch plant" operations. I have London(C) catalogs
which list these; however, exactly WHERE they currently are is
indeed open to question...?!

We "pack rats" are all too often victimized by the ignorant "get
rid of all that junk" types...who are too freaking stupid to realize
that all their "valuable antiques" had to be saved through their
"worthless" stage by folks like ourselves...?!

SCROOM!!!

Steven C. Barr