[78-L] Near You by Francis Craig

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Jul 22 20:00:08 PDT 2010

I recently purchased a copy of  Francis Craig and his Orchestra playing Near
You b/w Red Rose.

Big friggin' deal,  right...we've all seen about 82 zillion copies of the 78
rpm issue on Bullet,  right?

But this one is on....English Brunswick.  And it doesn't sound like any kind
of a dub,  either.  And it plays way better than any of the many copies of
the American issue which I've shuffled through over the years.

Can anyone explain how an American record from a small company would end up
on a major English label like that?  Maybe it happened more often than I'm
aware of,  but it seemed pretty odd to me.

Thanks from

Taylor