[78-L] AFRS, b'casts.....was "this is the world's rarest record"

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 08:29:48 PDT 2010

Michael Biel wrote:

> But there was a real porterhouse
> steak was cooked on mic (by Lana Turner?) for the edition of Command
> Performance which was filmed for a widely available short subject.  This
> could possibly be program 92 recorded Nov 13, 1943 but the Harry
> MacKenzie discography does not mention the steak.

What discography? Perhaps you mean his book? That is not a discography,
or at least, not a complete one. He included lists of example shows.

That short is, or has been, out on DVD. Might be on Prelinger Archive as
well. I believe that it was created for the camera, similar to the Bell
Telephone Hour films featuring Pinza & Hofmann. Those look like
broadcasts, but they are not.

joe salerno