[78-L] Crap-o-Phone

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Jul 13 18:25:55 PDT 2010

Bill Knowlton wrote:
> "History Detectives" had something on the founder of the Red Cross Monday night. Anybody see it? The guy they interviewed appeared to have a crap-o-phone on a table to his left.

Not this one.  Watched last weeks about the Lauste sound film and the
piece of underseas cable.  In both cases the answer was that these were
not the FIRST examples of either, but the form of the program is to
waste time by going to the stupid people first before "finding" the
person with the answers.  They probably knew to go to them first, but
that would turn it into the documentary it should have been, rather than
a detective mystery farce.

> I suppose the "History Detectives" will eventually do an in depth piece on the crap-o-phone. Can't wait!

Like, hey I found this old HMV Gramophone that is not in any of the
catalogs or websites listing all HMV models!  Did I find the FIRST HMV
Gramophone???

Mike (they'd spend 15 minutes to answer NO!) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com