[78-L] Reversing audio

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 11 16:38:22 PDT 2010

> How about the character on YouTube who claims he can get rid of record
> noise by running his records backwards once. I don't know it I like the
> idea of using my needle to scrape a groove clean.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ypJFVwwCs&feature=related
> Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)

Way back when, like 1983, when the only video was on CEDs and lo-fi VHS tapes and even blank videotapes cost $20, I'd transfer CEDs because they were free at all the public libraries in Edmonton. But they also mistracked, especially if they were popular ones that had been played several times. I'd run them through at high speed before transferring, and that would usually get me a clean play. You could also play them in reverse. Much humor. (Yes kiddies, those things had grooves! And they turned at around 400rpm.)