[78-L] No -- this is the world's rarest record ....

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Jul 10 21:02:54 PDT 2010

From: "Malcolm Rockwell" <malcolm at 78data.com>
> Right. And I don't have a copy of that missing Buddy Bolden & Buddy Guy
> pairing doing "Buddy Can You Spare A Dime" on a Pink Lambert cylinder,
> produced by Buddy Sorrell. What's that you say? Bolden died before Guy
> was born? Sorrell was a fictional character?
> Rare? You wanna talk rare?? Hooboy is that rare.
> Mmmmm, rare,

A TRULY rare record has to exist in ONE copy (to confirm the fact that it
EVER existed...?!) but NO MORE than one! There are probably MANY
records which were listed in the journals of their time, but were NEVER
actually issued/sold...?! Since they never existed, they CANNOT be
"rare records"...?!

Steven C. Barr