[78-L] Old age takes over--WAS: Indian 78 rpm

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Jul 10 20:10:42 PDT 2010

From: <goldenbough at arcor.de>
> A charming, very modest and bright  person. Born in Adelaide
> in 1945, he died some time ago.

Sadly, given the average age of us 78-ophiles...this is something
we can expect to read all too often in the future...?! I would guess
that our "patron saint," Brian Rust, is also well along in years...?!
As I have often posted, it will be only a decade or two when the
youngest amongst us inherits "by default" all (or at least many?)
of our shellac archives...?!

In my own case, UCSB has already requested that I bequeath my
half-vast shellac archives their way upon my inevitable (but I hope
none TOO soon?!) "goin' to see Jesus!" However, THEY have to
provide the 18-wheeler(s) to move the aforesaid accumulation
from Oshawa, Ont'o., Canada to California, U.S.!

Steven C. Barr