[78-L] Columbia sublabels [was MGM-Supertone connection?]

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Jul 6 22:50:50 PDT 2010

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. wrote:

> Sorry for being think in the head. You mean, the online database here
> http://www.78discography.com/SPTCol.htm
> has incorrect label numbers?

Finally, at long last, you tell us where you got the listing from.  If
you had told us in the first posting that you were comparing a photo of
a Metro Goldwyn Mayer 1076-P on Ebay with this page, we could have told
you and Ty that this page is all screwed up.  This is NOT a listing of
Supertone -S (Spt).  This IS a listing of  Columbia -P SR Special Record
(Client  Labels).  The actual labels are all mixed together here.  The
Metro Goldwyn Mayer 1076-P you were looking at is the SAME 1076-P on
this list.  It is NOT Supertone.  Ty is the one who misread the Rust
list of abbreviations.  So you are excused from being confused.  We
didn't realize you weren't using a real discography.

Guys, we need to help Ty.  First of all, Ty, change the title of this
page.  Second, we need to check our records and tell Ty which label goes
with which number.

To start, 1076-P is Metro Goldwyn Mayer, as is 1084-P.  1047-P is Publix.

So everybody check their records and help Ty out.  This is yet another
example of how a Rust short-cut can screw things up.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com