[78-L] Gene Deitch & Howdy-Doody + ME

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 5 20:32:50 PDT 2010

> David Lennick wrote:>
> > Soon after, the CBC began its own radio version of Howdy Doody, which was mercifully short-lived (I think my dad was asked to audition for it). CBC's TV version of Howdy Doody started a little while later and ran for years, depriving Canadians away from border cities of the real thing. dl
> >

> I never heard anything about this. They had a set of the
> marionettes????? Who was the human star, Toronto Tom?
>
> Mike Biel mbiel at mbiel.com

Timber Tom! Cast included, at various times, James Doohan (who asked for too much money and may not have made it to the first program), William Shatner, Bob Goulet, and lots of others known only to the few who remember.

http://www.starpulse.com/Television/Howdy_Doody/

(Norma MacMillan? Isn't she on "The First Family?")