[78-L] MGM-Supertone connection?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 5 10:47:50 PDT 2010

This label is actually properly called Metro Goldwyn Mayer and is a Columbia client label, similar to Paramount Publix and "Special Record"..material usually from the same sources, mostly Harmony, often by the Golden Gate Orchestra (aka California Ramblers). There shouldn't be any connection with Supertone other than the same artists probably having recorded for both labels.

dl