[78-L] what's so great about Bill McClung's work (was Texas labels)

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Wed Jun 30 10:58:26 PDT 2010

It's a great thing that you're doing, Bill. I've been asked many times about assembling a discography of post-war western swing recordings and even with that restricted subject, I termed it an impossible task with few rewards. You've taken on a much broader subject and from what I've gathered in reading your posts, you have done more to document this important element of record history than anyone. I look forward to seeing your published result - One piece of advice, though. Research is forever. You will never complete your task. There will always be something you missed, overlooked, or got wrong. Don't let that stop you from putting something out there, even when you feel you've only gathered 80% of what exists.

Cary Ginell