[78-L] Vic album S-18 (was: Victor Continental Gems)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Jun 29 17:55:25 PDT 2010

From: "Han Enderman" <jcenderman at solcon.nl>
> Hello Mike, This is the only album image I have in the
> range mentioned.  Best, Han
> Vic Album S-18 (= V-21127-32) - Mexican issue set with
> Spanish cover title and English language discs
> Vic V-21128-B (S-18-4)

Han Enderman has come through again, with an image of Victor album S-18
that matches exactly with what is shown in the catalog.  The album
covers on all of this series are in Spanish for some reason but the
catalog is specifically American, plus the discs are U.S. pressings.
The cover of this album of music of Russia has a very colorful design
that would make Steinweiss envious -- and apparently this album came out
before Steinweiss was even hired by Columbia.  Is there a release date
available for V-21127 thru 32?

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com