[78-L] ^Survival of anything from The Best of Broadway (1954-55)

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 19:23:52 PDT 2010

Doubt that this inquiry will bear fruit, but check out this series of specials aired between 1954 and 55 on CBS entitled "The Best of Broadway."

http://www.eofftv.com/b/bes/best_of_broadway_main.htm

These were color broadcasts and done live. As they were made before the advent of videotape I suspect they won't have survived, but I'm curious as to whether any are known extant as black and white kinescopes. These programs used original cast members; for example, "Panama Hattie" featured Ethel Merman. And I'm also curious how they got them out to the West Coast in prime time in color (or if they did so at all).

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com