[78-L] First LP

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 06:34:25 PDT 2010

Another howler from the Wallerstein thing....that bit about having Ampex and
EMI machines by 1947....from what I understand the first Ampex recorder, the
200A, was introduced in April 1948, and the first EMI machine, the BTR 1,
came along six months later.

The only Columbia album I know of prior to SOUTH PACIFIC that used tape was
the first I CAN HEAR IT NOW production, which would have used the Brush BK
401 Soundmirror machine (1947).