[78-L] Wow..we're rich!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Jun 19 20:06:32 PDT 2010

There are two interesting concepts involve here...?

1) The average ordinary idio...er, person...has NEVER experienced seeing
78rpm records as a usual format...?!  His/her/its assumption, therefore,
is to assume 78's are older than dirt...and therefore, in the money-
driven XXI Jahrhundert ("Greed is GOOD!" -- "Gordon Gekko"), it
should be possible to sell them to other idio...er, people...for ever
larger sums of money...?! After all, if the CEO of your cable TV
provider is entitled to about 20-30 million annually (including
bonuses [boni?!]...why shouldn't you be able to somehow
acquire a "mere" million or two...?!

2) The built-in dominance hierarchy (generally ignored...?!)
in Homo Sapiens as a primate species, means that there is an
inevitable instinct-driven drive among us humans to chase
after ever MORE money than one's fellow (or gal?) humans!
This continues well after we have all the money we can in a
practical sense spend/use...it can be simply defined as "A mere
10 million?! Well, I'm receiving TWELVE million...! Go die!"

Never mind that there exists no logical or practical way to
spend these huge sums...thisw falls back upon the ancient
male battle of "Mine is BIGGER than yours!"

Comment ca va?!

Steven C. Barr