[78-L] Lang-Worth 8" Discs

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at pdq.net
Thu Jun 17 21:52:27 PDT 2010

At 10:25 PM 6/17/2010, you wrote:

>If anyone is seriously interested in Lang-Worth 8-inch discs, I have
>over 400 of them that I'd like to sell in one batch. I have a
>standing offer of $1 per disc from a Toronto dealer, but $400 +
>shipping will take them (shipping will be from Lewiston NY and
>they'll all fit in one box). Dance bands (Ray Anthony, Edmundo Ros,
>Ted Heath, Bob Strong, Red Nichols, Frankie Carle), vocals (Connie
>Haines, Allan Jones), concert orchestras (Sidney Torch, Mantovani,
>Szath-Myri) and the inevitable Cote Glee Club. Also 30 or 40
>"production aids" such as weather jingles, commercial backgrounds,
>drop-in one-liners for disc jockeys etc. All in great condition, all
>but a few in original sleeves (with the usual dust along the open
>edge, easily cleaned). No country, a couple of gospel among the
>vocal groups, no Patti Page or Fats (in fact I've held back most of
>the blue label Collectors Items since I can still use those). Let me
>know if there's any interest as soon as possible, please.
>

>dl

What, no Patti Page? Rats!! I guess I'll have to find more of them on
Ebay if they ever turn up some day like the one I recently bought
did. Found a 2 CD Cocktail Hour set from Columbia River Entertainment
through Amazon so at least I have the Lang-Worth tracks she did to
listen to while I wait for the 8" or 16" discs to turn up on Ebay.

What are some of the blue label collector items your hanging on to for awhile?

Oh & if I had the funds (sadly I don't) I'd take the 400+ discs your
offering, give them a listen, keep the ones I like & sell the rest
for whatever price I could get on Ebay. Hopefully somebody will take
them if not then take up that dealers offer. Maybe he will put them
up on Ebay for others to enjoy.....