[78-L] Lang-Worth 8" Discs

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 17 20:25:32 PDT 2010

If anyone is seriously interested in Lang-Worth 8-inch discs, I have over 400 of them that I'd like to sell in one batch. I have a standing offer of $1 per disc from a Toronto dealer, but $400 + shipping will take them (shipping will be from Lewiston NY and they'll all fit in one box). Dance bands (Ray Anthony, Edmundo Ros, Ted Heath, Bob Strong, Red Nichols, Frankie Carle), vocals (Connie Haines, Allan Jones), concert orchestras (Sidney Torch, Mantovani, Szath-Myri) and the inevitable Cote Glee Club. Also 30 or 40 "production aids" such as weather jingles, commercial backgrounds, drop-in one-liners for disc jockeys etc. All in great condition, all but a few in original sleeves (with the usual dust along the open edge, easily cleaned). No country, a couple of gospel among the vocal groups, no Patti Page or Fats (in fact I've held back most of the blue label Collectors Items since I can still use those). Let me know if there's any interest as soon as possible, please.