[78-L] post war labels

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 17:08:44 PDT 2010

Funny thing....long ago I remember seeing a Savoy compilation LP called
EUPHORIA which compiled Charlie Ventura's Savoy and National 78s on a 2
record set.

Does Savoy (as Denon) have any connection to Warner Bros anywhere in the
world?  I ask this because last year I made a video clip from the Dusty
Fletcher National 78 of 'Open the door, Richard' and later learned that
Warner Music Group banned the video in some countries (which countries were
not specified).  (It's the clip posted by 'PerisphereRec'--that's me on
YT.)  Never mind that the audio is not from some CD release, but actually
dubbed from the very disc depicted in the clip.  And sounds like it.