[78-L] Paramount on Parade theme

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Jun 17 14:40:16 PDT 2010

I just got a copy (in a free pile) of "Chet Atkins Goes to the Movies"
RCA Victor APL1-0845, and side one opens and closes with "Paramount On
Parade" (:17 and 2:25).  The composers are listed as Elsie Janis and
Jack King.  Interesting. Did we know this?  Did Elsie record this, or
perform it in a film?

By the way, side two closes with "Merrily We Roll Along" (:26) and the
composer listings are Eddie Cantor, Charles Tobais, and Murray Mencher.
I had thought that Cantor co-wrote "The Merry Go Round Broke Down" but
web sites list that for Cliff Friend and Dave Franklin.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com