[78-L] I didn't know that 8" Lang-Worth discs came in black vinyl too

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at pdq.net
Wed Jun 16 15:43:18 PDT 2010

I won this auction & just received my purchase in the mail.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370389766073&_trksid=p2759.l1259

However the disc I received was in black opaque vinyl with yellow
background/black print labels instead of the dark brown (perhaps
gold) background/black print  transparent blue vinyl disc as shown in
the auction photo. Correct songs & record number, just different
colored vinyl. I thought the 8" issues were always blue? Btw, I'm not
mad at the seller or anything & will keep the disc since it's in
excellent condition plus it comes with the original sleeve. Sounds
great with a 2.3 mil stylus on both NAB curve (the way it was
recorded) plus it also sounds very good when played with RIAA curve.
I guess the 2 curves are somewhat close to each other......

In case your wondering I asked the seller if he (or she) still has
the blue vinyl issue of this record still available as I'd like to
purchase it also if the seller has one. Also I'm going to leave some
good (positive) feedback as the record was packed very well & arrived
quickly by first class mail after I paid for it.

Oh & I just got this reply from the seller & he is correct. When I
held the disc up to a light it was a beautiful translucent blue!! But
I thought the discs were lighter in color when viewed normally & not
under a light. This one is very dark & looks black. The first 8"
Lang-Worth I've ever owned. One question though, are the 16"
Lang-Worth discs a dark (transparent under a light) blue too or are
they 100% black vinyl?