[78-L] Record Retailer annual

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Jun 10 14:27:50 PDT 2010

From: bmcclung78 at gmail.com

From: Cary Ginell <soundthink at live.com>
> I've only found two of these; the other is from 1945.

The one I have is a blue cover, and is probably the 1945 because it
talks about this being a "Convention in print" as a replacement for
wartime restricted travel.

> I love browsing through these; especially the photos of record store displays.
> Cary Ginell

The magazine itself is a wealth of information.  They have a bound set
at R&H.  For my ARSC presentation I was hoping that they might have been
around in the 1930s, but they started publishing in 1943.  I got some
store display photos from the 30s from Radio & Television Retailing,
another great journal.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com