[78-L] Stamps Quartet on Victor Sells for $11,322.98!

Malcolm - Venerable Music malcolm at venerablemusic.com
Thu Jun 10 04:26:22 PDT 2010

Hey Mike - I referred to it as a Stamps Quartet record to help prove the
point. It kinda rolls off the tongue you know.
If I were to refer to it as V.O. Stamps duet, it would indeed seem more rare
an intriguing as a record & you might be a little more tempted to pony up
the $999 (but shipping is free) to take this rare treasure home? But then I
would feel partially responsible when you received it and were disappointed
because it sounded an awful lot like a Stamps Quartet record. I didn't want
that weighing on my shoulders you know.

To me the best part of this listing is the way the seller set's up the
climax of him finding the record! You know, when he was just a kid he heard
about this mythical Stamps Quartet record (sorry Mike - ha!) and spent the
next 12 years of his life searching through dusty old flea markets and junk
shops just to finally find this record in VG condition! What an exciting
moment that must have been - and now he offers it to you for the very
reasonable price of $999. I mean this record represents a 12 year search so
$999 is a bargain - not even considering that someone else set the $11,000
precedent at a local auction. Must have been 2 collectors going head to
head? Or maybe the auctioneer started at $12,000 and came down a bit to get
the first bid (plus the buyers premium you know).

There's just so much meat for my imagination in this description!
Malcolm

Venerable Music - http://www.venerablemusic.com/
78rpm Auctions - http://www.vmauctions.com/
On Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/venerablemusic