[78-L] John Charles Thomas - final recordings (1949)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Jun 9 22:07:46 PDT 2010

David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Weren't there several 16" transcriptions of these hymns, from which
> Word could have derived this material? "NBC Studios" can mean anything,
> including Thesaurus.   dl

I have an album set of hymns on TransRadio 78s, and I am trying to
remember if they were by John Charles Thomas or Morton Downey.
TransRadio -- the Boston studio which Tom Lehrer's first album was
recorded and the label that the 10-inch version first appeared -- used
RCA Victor to do their mastering and pressing.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com