[78-L] Music Hall on Gennett

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 4 14:14:11 PDT 2010

About the last thing I'd expect to find on Gennett is English Music Hall, but I've just come across two Albert Whelan sides: Preacher And the Bear b/w All Aboard For Glory. Originally from Edison Bell Winner 3043, recorded 1916 (his only session between 1913 and 1922, oddly enough).  I wonder how many other oddities turn up on Gennett? I've seen straight pop, instrumental solos and light classical and band selections, so I guess they tried to be as wide ranging as possible..and then were remembered only for jazz (and sound effects).