[78-L] Goddard Lieberson

Jack Raymond jraymond at alumni.princeton.edu
Fri Jun 4 05:11:25 PDT 2010

Don Chichester wrote:

> FWIW, today I fould a Columbia 78 of the sound of Goddard Lieberson's
> voice, he the long-time president of Columbia Records.

That find (The Pledge of Allegiance with Stokowski and the AAYO playing
the Star Spangled Banner) is indeed a nice one.  There's another Goddard
Lieberson treasure -- an "extended soundtrack" for a Lieberson tribute
"dedicated to the wit and wisdom ad inspiration of Goddard Lieberson for
his family, his friends and his colleagues at CBS Records who will never
forget what he was like... and for those too young to know."  The LP
record is housed in a hard-cover, linen-bound book with dozens of
photographs of the man and of recording sessions he supervised.  A fine
memorial to a great figure in the record industry.

-- Jack Raymond